This is a delicious, potent & refreshing herbal & orange infused oxymel*.
Feel the refreshing & nutritious powers of Fresh Juicy Orange slices, Yarrow, Thyme, Mint, Rosemary, Mullein, & Hyssop.
All of these yummy herbs & fruit were coated in local honey & organic apple cider vinegar. Then they steeped for about 2 months!
I made it in the late summer with the intention of sharing it this Fall as the nights grow longer. I see it as a way of protecting & nourishing your inner fire throughout the fall & winter seasons. Like having a little sun in your pocket to carry you through these seasonal shifts, while also getting loads of health benefits listed below:
- ️High in antioxidants & vitamin C; Energizing, enlivening - think glass of fresh orange juice in the morning️
- Clears & soothes respiratory system ️
- Protects your sinuses & air-passageways from unwanted infections ️
- Supports fatigue, heaviness, & brings more OOMPH to your life️
- Protects your energetic body, sovereignty & immunity️
- Mild calming effects from Hyssop - I kept the amount of Hyssop lower in this blend to create a more uplifting formula️
- Can support in preventing colds, flus, & coughs, as well as other seasonal ailments, and can also be taken at the first signs of a cold/cough/flu.
Because of the fresh fruit content of this Oxymel, refrigeration is suggested whenever possible.
*Oxymel is an herbal medicine that has a base of honey + vinegar. The word Oxymel or Oxymeli translates to acid + honey in Greek + Latin. In Persian / Iranian herbal medicine, Oxymel is known as Sekanjabin سکنجبین.
There are over 1200 Sekanjabin recipes recorded in Persian/Iranian medical manuscripts.*
This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.